Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone!
 
     Ok... so Happy New Year +4 days! I did take a conscious break from blogging over the holidays but was so excited to blog about New Years on Friday then our internet went out and our son decided to go from sleeping through the night to waking up 11+ times in the night.... related? I don't think so.... but still frustrating none the less! So even though it is four days late I would like to wish all of you in blogland a very happy 2016!

     If you are a relatively new follower to the blog (or if you have forgotten) I actually started this blog in January of 2012 after setting blogging as my New Years Resolution! Over 500 posts later and that continues to be the only New Years Resolution that I have EVER successfully kept!
 
Happy New Years Gif. (2015). Uploaded to Gyphy. Available online at: http://www.inewyearstatus.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/happy-new-year-2016-animated-gifs.gif

     While the past few years have been extraordinarily exciting I think I would be lying if I didn't say that 2015 was the best year on record! In short, my 2015 "Highlight Reel" includes:
- the birth of my husband and I's first son
- completing my second year of my Master's degree in education
- purchasing a cabin on Lake Manitoba where we spent our entire summer
- beginning my new blogging journey at this platform 
- receiving notice that one of my papers will be published in an upcoming issue of the BU Journal of Graduate Studies in Education

 
In 2016 I am looking forward to:
- Continuing my Mat Leave until September and spending as much time soaking up the cuddles with my little guy
- Presenting at the 2016 BYTE Conference
- Seeing my paper published in the fall 
- Beginning my 3rd year of teaching
  (I am so fortunate to have received my DREAM schedule when I return from leave)
 
In 2016 my New Year's goals are:
1 ) To blog at least 5 times a month
2 ) To assist other teachers in my school/division with their tech endeavours (when possible)
3 ) To NOT use my phone when around my little guy
4 ) To get at least a B+ in all of my Master's classes
5 ) To prep sufficiently for my classes in the fall to free up evening time for the family
 
Nothing too revolutionary... I feel like my goals are pretty standard,
 but I also feel that they are very practical and relevant!
Now it is your turn, what are your New Year's goals this year?