#TRSD32 is on Twitter!

     On Monday, September 28th, our division brought in George Couros  for our fall-time PD. George is an influential educator, speaker, consultant, blogger, tweeter, overall awesome guy and I am SO disappointed that I missed an opportunity to hear him speak to our teachers. In theory, I probably could have attended with Jaxson if I wanted to, but we also had an out-of-town doctor's appointment on that day as well so it was not meant to be.

     One of the activities that George had our teacher's participate in was joining Twitter! Yay! As someone who has been on Twitter for a little over three years, I know how amazing Twitter can be in regards to building my PLN and improving my teaching practice. (I've previously written about how I use Twitter lists and Twitter chats). While I have been trying to "convert" many of my colleagues over to Twitter, I haven't had a lot of success... so its a good thing that someone like George has a lot more pull than I do!

     Even though I wasn't there in person, I was able to connect via Twitter, and started welcoming teachers from all over our division! I've been really pushing our teachers to use the hashtag #TRSD32 when they tweet about our division and have been building a list of colleagues to make it easier to connect with each other. With the exception of one or two members, the members on this list are new to Twitter and would really benefit from a follow and tweet of support!

turtle river school division, turtle river school division twitter account, turtle river school division staff on twitter
You can access the TRSD32 Twitter list here.
turtle river school division, turtle river school division twitter account, turtle river school division staff on twitter
You can access the #TRSD32 hashtag feed here.
     Here's hoping that my colleagues embrace their new Twitter adventure and find it beneficial for building their PLNs!

Labels: , , , ,