Newbie Blog Hop Award Love

     Last week I joined the Newbie Blog Hop hosted by Janis' Newbie Blog Hop over at Grade Three is the Place for Me! I've found some AMAZING blogs and met some great bloggers from around the US and Canada. (If you haven't linked up with her yet I recommend you head over and check it out).

     The support from other teaching blogs is always incredible and I'm happy to say that this blog hop was no exception. I have been re-awarded the One Lovely Blog Award, The Versatile Blogger Award and the Liebster Blog Award! Crazy right!? I want to send a BIG thank you out to all of the ladies who nominated me for this award:

- Mrs. M from The Daily Cupcake... a Kindergarten Blog has been teaching for almost 20 years and posts very detailed posts as her classroom adopts the Daily 5 model. 
- Carrie at The First Grade Derby began blogging after inspiration from Pinterest! (Aren't we all addicted?) Like Mrs. M, her classroom also uses the Daily 5. 
- Stacey blogs at A Ray of Kindergarten Sunshine and has JUST begun blogging! Head over and share some support :) 
- Jessica from Tales of a First Grade Teacher has just posted a GREAT first day of school survival kit! 


To keep the love going, here are the rules:
1 ) Follow the person that gave you the award if you don't already
2 ) Link back to the person who gave you the award
3 ) Pass the award on to 15 more bloggers.

     I am reposting my top 15 picks from when Becca at Fun 4th Resources awarded me the One Lovely Blog Award, so if you missed them the first time, here they are :)

1 ) Dandelions and Dragonflies











2 ) Wolfelicious









3 ) 2nd Grade Pad











3 ) 2nd Grade Pig Pen









4 ) Down Under Teacher

 








5 ) Teachery Tidbits








6 )  Sweet Times in First











7 ) Strings, Keys & Melodies







8 ) For the Love of Teaching












9 ) Miss Kindergarten











10 ) Just Another Day in... First Grade












11 ) Little Miss Kindergarten









12 ) Lesson Plan SOS








13 ) What the Teacher Wants











14 ) No Doubt Learning











15 ) Teaching in the Early Years











To keep the love going, here are the rules:
1 ) Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2 ) Include a link to their site.
3 ) Include the award image in your post.
4 ) Give 7 random facts about yourself
5 ) Nominate 10 other bloggers for the award.
6 ) When nominating, include a link to their site.
7 ) Let other bloggers know they've been nominated.

7 Random Facts About Miss L
1 ) I am going into my 6th, and LAST, year of university which means that at this time next year I will be a Certified Teacher!
2 )  My fiance and I have one pet, a grey and black kitten named Mr. Cuddles.
3 ) My favourite sports team is the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, go blue & gold!
4 ) In less than one year I will no longer be Miss L as I am getting married and will be "Mrs. T".
5 ) I am addicted to every type of home design show on HGTV.
6 ) I make the most amazing brownies that don't require any milk, butter or oil.... wouldn't you like to know the recipie!?
7 ) I drive approximately 800 kilometers a week for my summer job in a small car with no air conditioning.

     I am re-posting my top 10 picks from when Diane at Schoolhouse Treasures awarded me this award, so if you missed them the first time, here they are :)

1 ) The Science Life 
2 ) Nicky's News
3 ) Just Another Day in.... First Grade  
4 ) Madly Learning
5 ) Learn, Play & Have Fun
6 ) A Teacher's Life for Me
7 ) Wolfelicious
8 ) Down Under Teacher
9 ) 3rd Grade Thoughts
10 ) Learn with Play @ Home
 
  If you missed my first post about the Liebster Blog Award, this award is given out to new blogs with less than 200 followers to highlight our efforts in the blogging world.To keep the love going, here are the rules:


1. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
2. Thank the giver and link back to them.
3. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.

     I am reposting my top 5 picks from when Ms. Julie aka Southern Teacher awarded me the Liebster Blog, so if you missed them the first time, here they are :)

1 ) My Whole Brain Teaching Blog
- The only other Whole Brain Teaching blog I have found from a Canadian teacher!
- Liann has provided me with so much support both on the WBT forum as well as
  through her blog.
- She is also part of my list of Whole Brain Teaching resources under my Fav
  Websites page.

2 ) Miss Read Gets Schooled
- Miss Read and I have been "blog friends" right since I started blogging!
- She just finished up her degree this past month and I loved hearing all her
  adventures as she went through her student teaching placements and now
  as she looks for a teaching job.

3 ) My Whole Brain Blog
- Carole is one of the WBT interns for 2012/2013 and has a great blog started up!
- Her blog posts are incredibly detailed, insightful and always have great pictures
  showcasing her WBT classroom! Its a great stop if you really want to learn more
  about WBT.

4 ) For the Love of Teaching
- I was referred to a great PLN that lead to me finding Diane's blog shortly after that.
- Diane blogs about education and her use of the BrainSMART program which shares
  some similar ideas about learning as WBT. Since we found each other she has been
  so supportive of my blogging and learning more about education!

5 ) Prairie Inspiration
- Mary is one of my favourite connected educators from Manitoba!
- We share a lot of ideas through Twitter as we are both going through the education
  program in the same province, although at different universities. She has been a
  great support to me and shares all of her classroom ideas on her blog.

Thank you again to ALL of the bloggers who have nominated me for these awards. 
Please check out some of the great blogs I passed the awards onto because they truly have some amazing resources :)
 

Labels: ,